East Grinstead, St Luke, Stone Quarry
(image) As the foundation stone in the west wall records, the church was built in 1954 in a then newly developed district of the town and incorporates a hall and a clergy house. It is built of brown and yellow brick, with a glazed south wall. The other side has smaller windows and the east and west walls are blank, the large cross of tile on the latter making the purpose of the building clear.
The building was spacious by current standards for its dual purpose and in 2015 it was demolished, together with the clergy house. In its place there is to be a block of flats in which an area for worship is to be incorporated.