East Grinstead – St Barnabas, Sunnyside
The church serves the southern side of East Grinstead, where large-scale development began around 1900. The earliest recorded provision for worship was in 1912, but the present church dates from 1975. It is a modest building that serves both as church and hall and is mainly of timber construction with low-pitched gables. Its west front is clad with artificial stone and above it is a small white-painted belfry. This has a green spirelet with concave sides, which is surmounted by a traditional weathercock that could have survived from an earlier building.