Hambrook – St Wilfrid
There has been a mission room at Hambrook, which is the inland part of the parish of Chidham, since 1923, but the present structure is not earlier than the 1960s. It is timber-clad and consists of two parts, a flat roofed hall and entrance and to its east a church with a low pitched roof. These are linked by a vestibule. Only the cross on the main wall near the entrance makes the purpose of the building clear.
Font: (In the vestibule) C19, with a quatrefoil-shaped bowl. Its origin is not known.