Handcross – All Saints
Handcross is one of several settlements in the large parish of Slaugham and a chapel here was built in 1885 (Church website). The name of the architect is not recorded. For a period from 1915 it was a parish church but is now part of a united benefice with Slaugham and Staplefield.
The chapel is a small brick building with paired side-lancets. As a consequence of the rebuilding of the main A23 in the 1950s, it is perched precariously by a bridge over it and since 2012 has been largely concealed behind a fence intended to reduce sound-pollution. Outside the only feature of note is the over-sized bell-turret perched on the west gable above a segment-headed window.