Worthing – St Stephen, Angola Road

A congregation had established itself in a hall in this area of eastern Worthing within the parish of Broadwater by 1929 (church website), though the unpretentious church building dates in its present form from 1938 (VCH 6(1) p79).  It is built of brick and has a semi-circular west window above a west vestibule which forms the entrance.  Only a cross on the gable identifies the function of the building, for the most prominent feature of the exterior is a large chimney.

 

Category: