Goring – St Laurence
A church was first built at a cost of £1500 in 1936 as a chapelry in the parish of St Mary, to serve the eastern part of the parish, as it remains today (information from church website). It consists of a plain single space with brick walls and a pitched roof, the trusses of which are exposed inside. The windows are set high and domestic in nature and only a cross on the gable shows the purpose of the building. Outside, the church is less conspicuous from the road than the hall built in 1962 and extended in 1969 (ibid).
Photo: The Voice of Hassocks