Rudgwick – St John
This small chapel was built in 1913 (parish website) in the main settlement in the southern part of the parish of Rudgwick, the hamlet of Tisman’s Common. Hidden behind a house and closely surrounded by trees, it is built of brick with minimal gothic detail. Most prominent is the disproportionately large porch with its pointed entrance arch.
The interior has a dark trussed and boarded roof and the windows are all filled with clear glass. There is no division, making it a single space. It has been remodelled quite recently, which has involved the introduction of new chairs and of plain fittings. The walls have been redecorated in an ochre colour.